BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

To My Mother

Mom,

It's been a few years now, and I still think of you all the time. I find myself wishing I could pick up the phone and ask you for a recipe, or how to do some task around the house. When Ashley remembers baking pies with you, my heart breaks all over again. When Brayden falls asleep with his stuffy that you made him from build-a-bear, I remember the ache.

I wish that I had told you just one more time how much I love you, and how thankful for you I am. You helped me become independent and capable, even though at times it seems like it's all an act.

Thanks for all that you taught me, and that you continue to teach me. I find myself following your good example daily, from helping the "underdog" whenever I can, to giving the kids extra loves, and so much more.

I miss you!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

this is beautiful thanks Kim I love you

Karen said...

I feel the same way, it goes sooo fast and we don't know when it's going to be us. It was so good seeing you and your family today. You looked so beautiful! I don't get to see you enough. I hope you will call when you need to talk or need a recipe (I do have that in common with your mom) I make a pretty good grandma at times too, even if I am a substitute! Call! Love ya!