BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 8, 2008

Life lesson # 1289723 CATS ARE NOT OUR FRIENDS!!

Ok, if any of you EVER gets a cat bite, do NOT wait to see a doctor. Nasty blood infections happen within hours!

I was in bed last Monday night and the kids were sleeping in the living room (pretend camp out). They heard our cat outside crying so they opened the door to let her in. Not only was our kitty there, but a huge fat Tom was trying to make friends. I bent down to shoo him away when he attacked me. (that sounds funny, attacked by a cat) he bit me so deep that I was shaking him around by his teeth. I finally got him off and he jumped and got me again. Of course Brayden is freaking out now because I am squirting blood and yelling.

I got the wounds cleaned up as best as I could, got the kids calmed down and went to bed. The next morning I woke up and couldn't use my arm. Fun! I did my hair and make-up (left handed, yep, I was CUTE!) then went to work for office meeting. I must have been loopy at this point because my boss ran me to instacare. 7 shots, oral antibiotics, lortabs, and one deep wound cleansing later, I think I am going to live.

Long story short, I have been deathly ill this week, not working, and have no insurance. It's a good thing ramen is cheap, I think we'll be living on it until I get these bills paid off.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, how sad! I didn't know you were having such a bad time. I hope the kids are helping you. Do you have sick leave? It's a good thing your boss took you when he did, it would have been a lot worse, I bet. I hope you get over it soon, I hate to think of you hurting.

Leslie said...

Hey how is your hand? I'll call you in the morning ok, oh yeah did you find the cat?